South of an area known as 'Caesar’s Camp' on the A287 which was a major water catchment area for Aldershot Camp which had its own water supply from Aldershot Town
There were (and still are) a number of uncovered reservoir's and until recent years a water tower and pump house on the other side of the road

These would feed smaller header reservoirs and water towers in the camp which in turn fed tanks in the roofs of the barracks
The old hutted Aldershot Camp dates from the 1880's after the Crimean War when it replaced an earlier tented camp