The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental or Denbigh Asylum is a Grade II listed building. Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames, building started in 1844 and completed in 1848. Once a hospital for up to 200 people with psychiatric illness, by the early 1900s it housed 1537 patients.
Designed by architect Thomas Fulljames to originally accommodate between 60 and 200 patients, the hospital originally had its own farm and gasworks. Planned for closure by Enoch Powell during the 1960s, it was closed in sections from 1991 to 1995.