Saint Cadoc's Hospitalis located in Caerleon the northern outskirts of Newport
The building was designed by the architect Alfred J. Wood FRIBA and named after Saint Cadoc's church is located in the town. The hospital, which opened in 1906 as the Newport Borough Asylum, was built to accommodate up to 350 patients and conforms to the ‘Compact Arrow’ asylum layout typical of the Edwardian period. The hospital is modest architecturally, constructed from redbrick with yellow brick banding and sandstone dressing characteristic of the age.